A gift in your will or living trust. Called a bequest, this is an easy and popular gift. You can give a specific amount or leave a percentage of your estate. We will use this gift to further our mission as well as respect any directed desires of your gift.
Q: Why Bequests Are Simple and Effective?
A: Your will and/or revocable living trust are perhaps the most important documents you own. But not only do they have the ability to protect the future of the people you love most, they also offer an opportunity to support the future of the organizations that mean a great deal to you. Learn how easy it is to extend your support for MedEvac Foundation International and your other favorite causes for years to come.
Q. I want to remember MedEvac Foundation International in my estate plan; how do I accomplish this?
A. The process of making a provision in your estate plan, called a bequest, for the MedEvac Foundation International is simple. You can include a charitable bequest when you create your estate plan, or you may add or update a bequest later. With a bequest, you can give away property, securities or real estate without worrying about whether you will need those assets, because the giving of them won’t actually take place until after your lifetime.
Q. What are the benefits of making a bequest?
A. Bequests are:
- Easy. A few sentences in your will or living trust complete the gift.
- Revocable. Until your will or trust goes into effect, you are free to alter your plans.
- Versatile. You can bequeath a specific item, an amount of money, a gift contingent upon certain events or, most common, a percentage of your estate.
- Tax-wise. Your estate is entitled to an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction for gifts to qualified charitable organizations, such as MedEvac Foundation International.
Q. How do I put a bequest in place?
A. Take these three simple steps:
- Decide what amount or percentage you want to give.
- Take our official bequest language to your estate planning attorney to add to your will or trust.
- Notify us of your intention, if you would like (we will honor your preferences regarding anonymity), so our staff can thank you for your future gift and keep you informed of our ongoing activities. Just contact the MedEvac Foundation International Development Office at 703-836- 8732.
Note: A gift of a percentage of your estate, after all other bequests to your loved ones have been fulfilled, ensures that the size of your gift will remain proportionate to the size of your estate, no matter how it fluctuates over the years. Even a gift of 5 to 10 percent of your estate can make a big difference to MedEvac Foundation International.