Each year the MedEvac Foundation International sponsors a number of exciting events that help provide funding for mental health support, in-person and virtual wellness training, mindfulness instruction, resilience training and recovery support.
2022 Taking Care of Our Own National Tour
In 2022, our focus will be a “Taking Care of Our Own” tour for EMS and other first-responders and their families. Plans are underway! Our 2022 tour will consist of educational seminars in 5-10 cities across the country featuring presentations on mental health and wellness. Our sessions will focus on peer to peer support teams, lessons learned from crash survivors, building and maintaining resilience, and best practices for mitigating and preventing psychological trauma and post-traumatic stress in medical crew members.
As the different tour stops are finalized, we will share the details including dates, times, locations and presentation title & speaker via the website, social media feeds, the occasional eBlast and in AAMS’ member newsletter, News on the Fly.
Industry Organizations Collaborating on the 2022 Tour
- Air and Transport Nurses Association
- Air Medical Physician Association
- Association of Air Medical Services
- Association of Professional Flight Chaplains
- American Ambulance Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems
- International Association of Flight and Critical Care Paramedics
- International Association of Medical Transport Communication Specialists
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
- National Association of State EMS Officials
- National EMS Pilots Association
Survivors Network for the Air Medical Community
ELEVATE 2022 Wellness Programming & Events
MFI will offer a variety of wellness opportunities during the ELEVATE 2022 conference, October 24-26, in Tampa, Florida.