This isn’t about how fast or slow you are, instead it’s about what you can do to support the MedEvac Foundation International. We’ve created the perfect virtual event to help you raise awareness for the MedEvac Foundation from anywhere in the world!
What is a Virtual 5K?
Basically, it means you can complete it anywhere, any time, beginning September 15 and ending October 15, 2017. You can run or walk the 3.1 miles (5K) all at once, over the course of a week, or throughout the entire month. The fun part…no rules!
This is on the honor system—you do not have to report or verify your miles! All participants who register ($35 entry fee) will receive a custom-designed shirt and a Virtual 5K for Safety race bib (the first of many!).
Prize certificates will be awarded to teams and individuals for:
- The largest group organized
- The happiest photo
- The most scenic photo
- The best group photo
Let’s see which state or country has the most participants. We want to see every state and country represented.
Here is what you need to do to get started today… the sooner, the better!
- Click here to register. ($35 fee includes shipping your shirt) and you will receive your Virtual 5K for Safety race shirt and race bib.
- Registration continues through October 15. PLEASE NOTE: If you register after September 20, you must either pick up your shirt & bib from the Air Medical Transport Conference (if you are attending), have a friend or coworker who is attending the conference pick up your shirt & bib, or we will send them to you when we return from the conference on October 30.
- If you are not attending the Air Medical Transport Conference, we recommend registering before September 20 so your shirt and bib arrive in time to run in!
- Take a photo while you are out running, walking or laying on the couch in your official Virtual 5K for Safety race shirt with your race bib!
- Share your progress on our Facebook event page by clicking https://www.facebook.com/events/1361103284019330/?ti=cl – we want to see your photos and progress reports on how far you have run or walked.
- Invite your friends, family, and colleagues to join in the fun! Share the Facebook event with them, send the link to the registration form – get as many people running with you as you can.
- Use the hashtag #5KforSafety on Facebook to share your photos.
- Complete your run or walk by October 15, 2017.
Since 2005, the Foundation has supported research, education, and outreach programs that enhance the industry’s ability to provide quality medical care and provide safe and effective air and ground medical transportation for every patient in need.
The MedEvac Foundation International funds programs and charitable activities that support AAMS’ members and their families, who serve their communities with pride and commitment and provide life-saving services throughout the United States and around the world.
Please support the MedEvac Foundation International Virtual 5K for Safety fundraising event. Your participation will have a positive impact on the air medical and critical care transport community.
If your company would like to be included as a sponsor on the 5K shirt, please contact Tiwanda Washington-Settlers (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, June 30.